Rigby Financial

Here at Rigby Financial, we understand the potentially damaging occurrences that landlords and homeowners face, so protecting your investment property is a top priority, and having adequate cover is a must. That’s why our team with over 35 years of experience are always ready to help you find the right landlord insurance policy, by comparing quotes from a panel of trusted, UK leading insurers.

And whether you own one property or several, we will ensure to find you a flexible and comprehensive landlord insurance cover for both freehold and leasehold buy-to-let properties.

So, by trusting in us you’ll be sure to get the best value for money on your landlord building insurance as well as a high-quality service from one of the most experienced insurance brokers around.

Enter your details below

For your free no-obligation quote, or call 01744 886077

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
    Building close up

    Find out more

    Commercial Building Insurance for Landlords

    If you’re the landlord of property that is used for commercial purposes, Rigby Financial can help to protect your premises by providing comprehensive insurance. While leasing commercial property can be a lucrative way to make a living, it also means that you are regularly exposed to certain risks – not least as a result of third party involvement. The level of potential hazard within the property you own depends on the enterprise for which it is being used. Remember, while you are not legally required to obtain commercial landlord’s insurance, it may really prove a lifesaver in certain fairly common situations.

    Why might I need commercial buildings insurance as a landlord?

    Even if it’s just to provide you with peace of mind, purchasing comprehensive commercial building insurance can make all the difference to your experience as a landlord. Here are a few reasons why you and your tenants may benefit from arranging commercial building insurance:

    If your tenants find that they are unable to pay their rent, you can be sure that you’re covered for the amount with commercial building insurance.

    • It can even help to cover any court fees, should it become necessary to repossess your building, evict the tenants or simply recover any rent owed. This part of your policy is called “rent agreed insurance”.
    • You can also obtain property owner’s public liability insurance to help you pay for any legal expenses or damages you should find yourself liable for any tenant or employee’s injury that occurs within the insured premises.
    • If your property is ever damaged, you, as the landlord, have an obligation to undertake or coordinate all repairs and replacements to the fittings and structure. With commercial building insurance, you can arrange to be covered for this possible eventuality, including in cases of fire and vandalism or even “special perils” such as “acts of god”, riots, explosions, pollution, contamination and any number of other issues.
    • Likewise, if you’ve furnished the premises for the benefit of your tenants to any degree, contents insurance can cover all items you have provided, with the possible addition of accidental damage cover.
    • Depending on the type of cover you opt for, you can even arrange to be insured against loss of rent, meaning that, should your property stand unoccupied for any period due to damage or any other problem, your insurance will pay out the amount you would expect to receive from your tenants during this time.
    • Also, while it stands vacant, your policy can potentially also cover you for damage that may occur due to theft, vandalism, inclement weather or a number of other occurrences. You can also have your building insured against subsidence.
    • You can even purchase “terrorism insurance”, covering any property within a building that stands in a large city.

    Rigby Financial can offer all of these options as part of a commercial building insurance policy. Many of the types of cover above are included within a basic policy, but it’s important that you check with your provider to ensure that the cover you opt for contains all the elements you require. Some are presented as “add on features”, and can be purchased at extra cost – but could prove a highly valuable investment. Speak to any of our specialists for advice on the type of cover that would suit your property best.

    As a Landlord, how can I obtain commercial building insurance?

    All you need to do to ensure any leased commercial premises are legally covered is to contact Rigby Financial today. If you’re not sure of what kind of policy you might require, we can help you. When you speak with us, just make us aware of every aspect of cover that you would like for your property, and we will talk you through your options and help you obtain a policy that will serve you well throughout all possible eventualities. You’ll be in extremely safe hands from beginning to end, and remember, we’re always on the end of the phone if you have any questions. If you contact us today, we’ll offer you a free quotation as well as invaluable advice surrounding the purchase of all types of cover and instructions on how to renew your policy.

    Once your insurance is arranged, you can get on with managing your property with a weight lifted from your shoulders. All you need to do is pick up the phone and call us on 01744 886 077 or email enquiries@rigbyfinancial.co.uk for further information and peace of mind.

    Explore our latest news & blogs

    Unsure what you’re looking for?
    Speak to one of our experts.